Sep 25, 2009

Haibun: Kitaku (Returning Home)

Now, the sun has set and the sky turns indgo. I am now returning home from down South. The capital is now sprinkled with lights.The street lanterns are lit as the shadows of trees and bushes haunt the corners of each street. The elderly gather to visit the temples while the youth gather to have a good time.

Now the sun has set
-The light of the villages
The sky wakes the moon

As I take the long road back home, I pass by an endless procession of yellow lantern lights leading me back home. The evergreen fields that sandwiched the long road have now turned into a field of shadows. The procession of lanterns finally end and the shadow of the night sky begins to shade me. After that, I finally reached my hometown. The streets were lively and bright. There were shops that warmly welcomed their customers. But as I near to my home village, the shops began to mellow as if the time to rest grows near. I stop by a shop to buy some bread as the cool wind smothers the exterior of the shop. I stop by at my grandparents' house for an evening visit and then bid them goodbye. I then head to my home village.

My mellow village
It glistens within the night
Seasons will pass by

I am now in my home village. The shadow of dark bushes lay still amidst the lanterns as the mist haunts the dark streets. I enter my home with the moist green grass and the cat that awaits me. The lanterns were lit and the evening mist blurred the windows. Now, it is time for me to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment