Feb 10, 2010

Haibun: Prom Night

Under the chandeliers of EDSA Shangri-la Ballroom was the JS Prom of OBMCI. It went on like a typical prom night. There was dancing, singing, eating, and coronation. At the end of it all was the free dance. Everyone had a great time.

But before all that, was me, in a car. I had a really bad feeling about the prom night, maybe because there were a couple of car accidents that I've seen that day. I was so verily disappointed for I was not able to pull off the vampire look and swagger. This is because the school cut my hair short, which made my face look like Calle Ocho. To add insult to injury, my prom date and I barely talked. Atleast the prom princess was really nice to me, so was the prom prince. What should I do? Do I say sorry way too much? Am I so old fashioned? Do I just plainly suck? Should I just give up? Maybe, maybe not, maybe.


It's true, what I've heard

Throwing fake smiles, here and there

A grand night ruined

No comments:

Post a Comment